Happy Teacher Day...!

Few days ago my student texted me saying Happy Teacher Day..It's was a midday when I remembered how people think about me. Am I a teacher? I don't even think that I deserve to be a teacher. Then I reply to my student saying that I am not a teacher (yet). Still she insists that I am her teacher, her best teacher indeed. 

A teacher  is someone who educates and shares knowledge to the students. He or she is in charge to improve the students horizon. He is someone who shows the real world and lends his hand to guide the students to face it. And I don't think I have such qualifications.
What I have been trying to do for the last 11 years is just to share my knowledge, based on mutual understanding, of course. I don't teach at school so I don't pay attention to the students' attitude. I teach at a course to drill my students to be able to speak English well. I share some tips and tricks on how to do tests  so my students are able to get good grade. I show my students what to do on preparation tests  so they can achieve better score. I come to a company to provide the staffs with basic ability to communicate in English.That's what I've been trying to do recently....


Then, am I a teacher?
Am I deserved to be called a teacher?


Let my students judge whether I am a teacher or not.
One thing for sure is that I am happy to be what I am now.Are you?

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

TENSE-ASPECT-MODALITY SISTEM IN DISCOURSE

Let's have a holiday!