Students' grammatical error
I happened to give basic grammar quiz for my students. They are from English department in the first semester. Anyhow I guess their English is better than other department. I list a prompt in the question sheet, then they were supposed to write sentences based on the following criteria. The instructions are as follows:
Write down sentences about:
1. Habitual action
2. an interrupted action in the past
3. past nominal sentence
4. prediction
5. an activity which is in progress
The result is quite surprising. Based on the students' answers, it can be analyzed that they only know a little about the concept of the sentences. Since the first time, I avoid to mention the tenses, such as present simple, past continues, etc. Instead, I write about the concept behind those names of the tenses such as habitual action for simple present, an interrupted action in the pastfor past continues, simple future for prediction etc. And these are somerthing that they haven't mastered well.
Komentar
Posting Komentar